City Address believe in being completely open and honest with its customers, as such we have published our cancellation policies. When cancelling a City Address service you can be assured that it will be cancelled in strict compliance with our published policies.
Below you will find two cancellation policies the first applicable to newly ordered services (less than 14 days old) and the second relates to existing services over 14 days old.
Please Note: Orders containing a registered office and/or directors service address if cancelled will not result in a refund, this is due to the additional regulatory checks and the associated costs:
Cancellation Policy – New Services
This policy was published as part of City Addresses commitment to transparency. When cancelling a service, you can be assured that City Address will process such a request in strict compliance with this policy. This policy relates to cancellation of existing services. Cancellation of existing services is covered under an alternative policy available here
City Address want customers to stay for the service they receive and the fair price they pay. As such we do not have any lengthy contracts, long notice periods or difficult to understand clauses. Cancellations of newly ordered services will be handled in strict compliance with the points set out below.
Initiating a cancellation
- In all instances cancellations under this policy;
- Must relate to a service ordered within the previous 14 days.
- Must be received in writing (via email is fine)
- Must have stopped all use of the address including removing the address from online directories, websites, advertisements and publications.
(Standard services except for Registered Office, Directors Service Address and orders or packages containing these services)
This section covers the cancellation of Mailbox Rental Services, Mail Forwarding Services and Mailbox Lite services only.
- Where the customer makes a written request to cancel their service within 14 days of ordering (via email is fine), City Address will confirm safe receipt of their cancellation request via email. City Address will refund any payment made by the customer within 7 working days subject to the provisions below.
- Where the customer has made prior use of the address to receive mail and within the same 14 day time frame requests a refund a prorated refund will be issued calculated from the date the request was received.
- Where the customer has published the address, any request to cancel will be rejected. The customer will be informed of the reason and given the opportunity to correct it. The customer must within the same 14 days period remove or un-publish the address and resubmit a written cancellation request.
Registered Office / Directors Service Address
- Due to the additional regulatory checks and the associated costs incurred, the Registered Office Service and Directors Service Address are specifically excluded from this policy and no refund will be provided for cancellation. This includes all orders which contain a registered office service and/or directors service address. Such as the discounted hold everything and forward everything packages
- There shall be no right to a refund where the address provided on either the Mailbox Rental Service, Mail Forwarding Service or Mailbox Lite service has been incorrectly used as the registered office of a limited company or the service address / official correspondence address for company officers with Companies House.
- All refunds will be issued within 7 working days using the same method as the original payments (payments made by PayPal will be refunded to PayPal, Payments made by card will be refunded to the same card)
- The cost of any free gifts will be deducted from the refund issued unless the free gifts are returns in an unused and unopened original condition.
- Any free services provided will also be cancelled, where cancellation is not possible because the service has already been used the advertised cost will be deducted from the refund.
- Any charges already accrue on the account such as mail forwarding charges will be deducted from the refund.
Cancellation Policy – Existing Services
This policy was published as part of City Addresses commitment to transparency. When cancelling a service, you can be assured that City Address will process such a request in strict compliance with this policy. This policy relates to cancellation of existing services. Cancellation of newly ordered services (services ordered less than 14 days ago are covered by an alternative policy).
City Address wants its customers to stay for the service they receive and the fair price they pay. As such we do not have lengthy contracts, long notice periods or difficult to understand clauses. Cancellations will be processed in strict compliance with the points set out below.
How to Cancel
- Customers can cancel their service at any time by requesting to cancel in writing (by email is fine) no less than 7 days before the renewal date. This give both City Address and the customer ample time to stop any recurring payments, PayPal subscriptions, bank standing orders and direct debits.
- Upon receipt of the written cancellation request City Address will confirm safe receipt of the request by email and confirm on what date your service will end (this will be your planned renewal date, the date which your service would ordinarily renew)
- On the date confirmed by City Address the service will cease. Any mail currently in our possession will be forwarded onto the customer provided there is enough money in the mail deposit, customers who collect their mail should ensure this is collected on this date. Any mail received after the end date, not collected or not forwarded due to insufficient finds will be returned to sender.
- City Address will stop any recurring payments over which they have control this is limited to Direct Debit Payments and Continuous Card Authority.
- The customer must immediately cancel any automated payments under their control such as bank standing orders or PayPal subscriptions.
- Where a renewal payment is received after the cancellation has been confirmed, City Address will assume that the customer has changed their mind and the service will renew as if no cancellation request had been received.
- Any request to cancel after a payment has been made will be treated as a cancellation from the next renewal date. With the exception of services cancelled in accordance with our newly ordered services policy services cannot be cancelled retrospectively.
Use of our address
- The customer must stop all use of the address provided this includes removing our address from stationary, advertisements, websites, directories, Companies House etc. Inline with our customer agreement additional charges may be payable where an address is still in use after cancellation.
- At the sole discretion of City Address, we may accept cancellation requests after the 7-day notice period has passed providing there is enough time to stop any recurring payments such as cancelling direct debits before the instruction has been sent to the bank. The decision to accept such late cancellations is at the sole discretion of City Address.
- In line with our customer agreement partial refunds are not issued for early termination. When cancelling a service, it will continue (whether the customer uses the service or not) until the next renewal date before it ends. Any remaining mail deposit will be refunded using the same method as payment (PayPal payments refunded to PayPal, Card Payments refunded to the same card) less any amounts owing to City Address.