City Address believe in being completely open and honest with its customers, as such we have published our cancellation policies. When cancelling a City Address service you can be assured that it will be cancelled in strict compliance with our published policies.
Below you will find two cancellation policies the first applicable to newly ordered services (less than 14 days old) and the second relates to existing services over 14 days old.
Please Note: Orders containing a registered office and/or directors service address if cancelled will not result in a refund, this is due to the additional regulatory checks and the associated costs:
Cancellation Policy – New Services
This policy was published as part of City Addresses commitment to transparency. When cancelling a service, you can be assured that City Address will process such a request in strict compliance with this policy. This policy relates to cancellation of existing services. Cancellation of existing services is covered under an alternative policy available here
City Address want customers to stay for the service they receive and the fair price they pay. As such we do not have any lengthy contracts, long notice periods or difficult to understand clauses. Cancellations of newly ordered services will be handled in strict compliance with the points set out below.
Initiating a cancellation
- In all instances cancellations under this policy;
- Must relate to a service ordered within the previous 14 days.
- Must be received in writing (via email is fine)
- Must have stopped all use of the address including removing the address from online directories, websites, advertisements and publications.
(Standard services except for Registered Office, Directors Service Address and orders or packages containing these services)
This section covers the cancellation of Mailbox Rental Services, Mail Forwarding Services and Mailbox Lite services only.
- Where the customer makes a written request to cancel their service within 14 days of ordering (via email is fine), City Address will confirm safe receipt of their cancellation request via email. City Address will refund any payment made by the customer within 7 working days subject to the provisions below.
- Where the customer has made prior use of the address to receive mail and within the same 14 day time frame requests a refund a prorated refund will be issued calculated from the date the request was received.
- Where the customer has published the address, any request to cancel will be rejected. The customer will be informed of the reason and given the opportunity to correct it. The customer must within the same 14 days period remove or un-publish the address and resubmit a written cancellation request.
Registered Office / Directors Service Address
- Due to the additional regulatory checks and the associated costs incurred, the Registered Office Service and Directors Service Address are specifically excluded from this policy and no refund will be provided for cancellation. This includes all orders which contain a registered office service and/or directors service address. Such as the discounted hold everything and forward everything packages
- There shall be no right to a refund where the address provided on either the Mailbox Rental Service, Mail Forwarding Service or Mailbox Lite service has been incorrectly used as the registered office of a limited company or the service address / official correspondence address for company officers with Companies House.
- All refunds will be issued within 7 working days using the same method as the original payments (payments made by PayPal will be refunded to PayPal, Payments made by card will be refunded to the same card)
- The cost of any free gifts will be deducted from the refund issued unless the free gifts are returns in an unused and unopened original condition.
- Any free services provided will also be cancelled, where cancellation is not possible because the service has already been used the advertised cost will be deducted from the refund.
- Any charges already accrue on the account such as mail forwarding charges will be deducted from the refund.